The information on this site is subject to a disclaimer, a copyright notice and rules related to personal data protection.
The goal of the EUMOFA is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them.
This information is:
- of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
- sometimes linked to external sites over which the EUMOFA services have no control and for which the EUMOFA assumes no responsibility;
- not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
It is our goal to minimize disruption caused by technical errors. However some data or information on our site may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The EUMOFA accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this site or any linked external sites.
This disclaimer is not intended to limit the liability of the EUMOFA in contravention of any requirements laid down in applicable national law nor to exclude its liability for matters which may not be excluded under that law.
Reuse is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged. The reuse policy of the European Commission is implemented by a Decision of 12 December 2011.
The general principle of reuse can be subject to conditions which may be specified in individual copyright notices. Therefore users are advised to refer to the copyright notices of the individual websites maintained under EUMOFA and of the individual documents. Reuse is not applicable to documents subject to intellectual property rights of third parties.
Personal data protection
The EUMOFA is committed to protect the personal data of users within the provision of services ccontributing to the obligations of the European Commission in terms of market intelligence as defined in Art. 42(1) a) of Regulation (EU) No 1379/2013. On this basis, EUMOFA is designed to gather and disseminate information to users.
The processing of personal data for EUMOFA is carried out under the control of Unit A4 of DG MARE of the European Commission, acting as controller under Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
The policy on "protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data” complies with Regulation(EU) 2018/1725.
Instances in which you could provide personal data and type of data requested
Registration is not required for you to use EUMOFA website. You can browse it, download data and reports without giving any information about yourself.
However, in some cases, registration information is required in order to receive the following services:
- Newsletters: EUMOFA sends periodical newsletter in which the release of EUMOFA publications is promoted, or for communicating innovations released in the EUMOFA website. For receiving the newsletter, the following information should be provided:
- E-mail address (compulsory)
- First and last name (not compulsory)
- Organisation (not compulsory)
- Saving queries: ad-hoc queries can be saved for future use if users are logged in. An account can be created in EUMOFA providing the following information:
- First name (compulsory)
- Middle name (not compulsory)
- Last name (not compulsory)
- E-mail address (compulsory)
- Password (twice), encrypted.
- On-line surveys: EUMOFA periodically carries out on-line surveys for collecting feedbacks from users on different topics (e.g. use of the website, testing new improvements, etc.). Surveys carried out by EUMOFA are anonymous, and only generic information are requested to be provided (e.g. type of actor, type of organisation, etc.).
- Email correspondence: in case contact to EUMOFA is made via e-mail (for example for receiving support), the e-mail address and any personal data provided will be kept for the purpose of replying to any request and will not be used for any other purposes without prior consent.
Other information collected
The EUMOFA website may automatically collect information as you browse, such as Internet Service Provider, browser type and version, operating system and device type, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, information accessed, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and other statistics. These data are gathered to analyse and improve the overall experience on the website. You will find more information on these statistics and on the related use in the dedicated Cookies Policy page
Who has access to your information and to whom is it disclosed
Personal data are used only for the purpose of providing the services mentioned above and to produce statistics on the EUMOFA use.
Data are not provided to parties outside the EUMOFA framework, the European Commission - Directorate-General Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (DG MARE) and the EUMOFA's contractor.
How do we protect your information
The collected personal data are stored on EUMOFA’s contractor servers, that only selected personnel and contractors have access to via secured password. These data may also be forwarded by e-mail to the EUMOFA expert responsible for replying to the enquiry.
In any case, the data protection and confidentiality required by the above-mentioned Regulation is guaranteed.
Right to access and rectify, erasure and object
Registered users have the right to request a copy of their personal details at any time to check the accuracy of the information held and/or to correct or update this information. Users may also ask to completely delete personal information.
At all times, the data subject has the chance to personally unsubscribe from the newsletter – a link is provided in every newsletter.
How long do we keep your data
Your personal data is kept as long as follow-up actions linked to the above-mentioned purposes are necessary (i.e. sending you newsletters, saving queries, carrying out online surveys and replying to e-mails in case you contact EUMOFA) and no longer than one month after the possible closure of EUMOFA.
EUMOFA could update this Privacy Statement and will inform you about updates.
Website operator and data controller
If you have any questions about the processing of your e-mail address and related personal data, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or to the data controller for EUMOFA in DG MARE of the European Commission at MARE-A4@ec.europa.eu.
You may also contact the Data Protection Officer of the European Commission: DATA-PROTECTION-OFFICER@ec.europa.eu
In case of conflict, complaints can be addressed to the European Data Protection Supervisor:
Links to third parties’ websites
EUMOFA provides links to third party sites. Since we do not control them, we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
Social media widgets